NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"J.T. & Dale Robin Lockman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 22:06:49 -0400
We finally took Aaron to an allergist..thanks to advice from this list,
as well as extensive research on the net looking for recommended docs,
we found a good one.  We went to CHildren's Hospital in Boston, and had
a good experience in their allergy and immunology clinic.  I feared the
testing itself, but it went easily and quickly, and Aaron, who is not
happy with doctors, was as cooperative and happy as can be.  Nice
surprise!

The tests confirmed Aaron's allergy to casein, and brought up some
question about eggs, which we are now avoiding, even though he is not
obviously reactive to these as far as we can tell.

The thing that surprised us, and that I wanted to share with the list,
is that the doc strongly recommended that we carry epipens for Aaron
even though his allergic symptoms have always only been gastro.  She did
not seem like an alarmist, was very professional and mainstream straight
scientific, and she advised that lifelong allergy this strong can become
an anaphylactic reaction suddenly and without notice.  Has anyone else
been advised in this way?
--
Dale Robin Lockman, Ima (Mom) to Seth,5 and Aaron,3
West Kennebunk, Maine