BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - Dwell time 5 minutes." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 12:55:35 EST
In a message dated 12/17/98 10:52:50 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> As a side note, at Dell Corporation, we restrict the use of the term
>  "WAG". It is only allowed when dealing with project estimates. According
>  to the WAG charts, this jobs should be complete by ?????, or, according
>  the the WAG pricing system the project will cost ?????.

Hitherfore I had considered Dell as being in the forefront of accuracy in
projections and am dismayed that you are still using the WAG in your
estimates. At Apple we avoid the WAG as an outmoded means of confusing
ourselves and go strictly by the LB. Over the last twelve years using
computerized statistical analysis and trend projections we have determined the
unestimated market value of a project based on a surface to weight ratio of
architectural drawings to boilerplate specifications and all our dumb guesses
are therefore based on weighing Lots of Bull.

][<en