BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - His DNA is this long." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:37:36 -0400
>Lots of times its the surface preparation and the method of applying the
>primer that are most important parts of painting metal roofs. I would
>assume that was the problem more that the manufactures changing
>ingredients.

I'm sure some of this was at work, but if you could see the failure, you
would know the paint is a major culprit.

>Also, do you have trees near or over hanging the roof. What
>type of trees? Being a good southern boy are your surrounded by pines or
>tulip poplars that sometimes do not know when to quit with the pollen in
>the spring.

Nope, no trees...I have a talent for acquiring treeless property, which was
actually ok after having Hurricane Fran come through, but that's another
story for another day.  Only trees are the ones I planted.

>Was the roof last painted during pollen season along with
>less than serious preparation?

Nope.

>Our procedure for metal roofs is usually:

>Forget the magic machine or the magic goop. Just put the word "LABOR"
>back into the process.

That's what I was afraid of.  Hence my hopeful query searching for the
magic bullet.  You applied it and punctured my balloon.  Thanks...I think
:-)

>Seventh: Next time realize that you get what you pay for - usually. So
>stay away from "John the Butcher".  Pay for the person that has invested
>in themselves, that knows their value and has honor and pride in their
>work.

No problem with that last sentence, remember:

>>I'm the general contractor, the subcontractor, the
>>supplier, the site superintendent, the rigger, and
>>the laborer for this one.

Dan Becker,  Executive Director            "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic                                     from some flounder?"
Districts Commission                             - Bullwinkle J. Moose