BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - His DNA is this long." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:46:06 -0400
7bit
From:
"J.A. Drew DIAZ" <[log in to unmask]>
Wow, Synchronicity again

Dan Becker wrote:

> Query:  How to best remove peeling paint from a terne metal roof prior to
> repainting?
>

> Your suggestions are welcome.  I have this image of some wonder device with
> a rotating (not circular) drum of really stiff bristles, sorta like the
> main bristle drum of those old timey street sweepers that had the two round
> curb bristle discs out front, the rotating drum in the middle, and the
> single tire for steering in the back.  Make a clean sweep of the roof.  I
> can't image trying to do any kind of dry abrasive blasting to strip the
> roof, nor does trying to do a pressure wash sound too smart.

Have seen masons brushing walls w/ a modified weed whacker & a wire wheel
mount,Suggest welders leathers, gauntlets, goggles & a face mask.

All joking aside I have been experimenting w/ blasting loose paint w/
compressed air @ the peels, waiting a while to let nature take it's course and
hitting the re-peels w/ air again.It's failing, sometimes the compressed air
gets up under the film & pops big bubbles up.

DD