BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - His DNA is this long." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 19:38:20 +0000
7bit
From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Dan Becker wrote:

> In the land of production construction, this is a very real issue.  It flows
> from tradesfolks that mostly just don't care; only some
> don't know any better.  I saw this particularly in the finishing trades
> when I was doing construction supervision.  Folks would just trample the
> **** out of anything in their way, whatever was necessary to get in and out
> quickly.

Today I was told that the $50,000 of modified bitumen roofing we have installed
over the last year on an historic building in NJ has been damaged by the
"production" contractor working on another phase of the project. This is the
guy that was hired because his price was lower for commodity work than hiring
someone experienced with treating their environs with respect. Seems for
convenience they dragged building debris across the new roofs and punctured it
in as yet uncounted places. Despite the fact that the membrane can be repaired,
the situation of the repairs is that the 12 year manufacturer warranty is now
worthless, and now we have to go through the unprofitable hassle of dealing
with the problem. His convenience from ignorance is our pain.
--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/5836