From:
Nino & Anita <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 13:47:26 +0800

Thankyou to the 18 responses I received to my question. Bette Hagman's
cookbooks, recipes and flours were all very well recommended,
unfortunately I haven't seen any of these where I live in Australia but
I am going to purchase them via the net.
One person said that regular white wheat flour breads don't have much
fibre in them anyway so a GF diet shouldn't deprive me of anything and
this I do agree ALThough I used to eat wholemeal bread so that's why I
feel I miss out on some fibre. Bean flours I was told is high in fibre
and added to breads not only add this but a nice flavour as well!
Another person wrote that brown rice flour has 8gms of fibre per cup and
(Jowar)sorhgum flour has 10 - compare that to wholemeal flour that has
15gms per cup.
Other suggestions were to add rice bran (although extra liquid might be
required if bran is added ) or nuts or seeds. Combining bean, flax seed,
sorhgum and quinoa flours to favourite recipes to achieve higher fiber
content.
Again thank you to all who responded I will definitely try out your
suggestions which will inevitably add variety, taste and more fibre to
my diet!
                 Regards  Anita.