From:
mary elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 21:09:56 -0700

     Weeks ago, when I first mentioned that David Glass's chocolate
truffle cake was GF, several Canadian listmembers asked me to find out
through the manufacturer if the cake was available in Canada.
    I am sorry it took so long to get an answer, but I have had a
rather complicated schedule lately, and Desserts by David Glass was
always extremely slow about answering. It took me several calls,
spaced throughout more than a month, not mention quite a few e-mails,
before I finally got the information.
    The good news is that the company finally got back to me and said
that their truffle cake is indeed available in Canada:
     - at Solby's stores, where it is sold under the Desserts by David
Glass label.
     - at certain supermarket chains, under the President's Choice
label. Check the frozen dessert department.
     This last interested me, because I have frequently seen the
President's Choice truffle cake sold at Food Emporium supermarkets in
Manhattan, and yet never connected it to the David Glass one. Yet it
turns out that they are one and the same - a dessert that is safe for
us to eat. Try it with Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream and respberry
sauce!
     Important note: the LOW-FAT chocolate truffle cake by David Glass
is NOT GF. Only the full-calorie version is safe for us.
                           Regards to all,
                               Mary in NYC