RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:43:22 +0100
Hi all,

thank you for your detailed answers to my question.

Kirt:
>Perhaps your troubles were because you overate the chocolate?
>Perhaps they were psychosomatic since you were probably worried about
>bad reactions (and/or feeling "guilty" for eating it)?

Well yes, by trying the chocolate again after the stop I certainly
overate it. OTOH I remember no natural foods that gave such bad results
when overeaten.
As for being worried or feeling guilty I definately was   n o t.
Eating the chocolate was a conscious decision and the amount was much
too low to be afraid of bad reactions.

Kirt:
>You have eaten carob pods and/or cassia which tastes like chocolate,
>no?

Yes and even better: the black sapote. Hmmmmmm.

Roberta:
>Actually I think sugar makes people crazy, not chocolate.  Have you
>tried the same experiment with other candy?

I have once tried a chocolate marshmallow. But the amount was so small
(10 grams?) that I didn't notice anything. And most other sweeties and
candies are not attractive for me.

Janis:
>Just wanted to add to this discussion that I've heard that chocolate
>cravings are often the body's cry for more magnesium.

Just to make this clear: My experiment came out of pure curiosity and
had nothing to do with cravings. I feel quite balanced.
Very interesting your description of chocolate cravings associated with
blocked energies. Thank you for this.

Best instinctive greetings,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]