RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Janis Callen Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:38:34 -0500
Hi Internet Friends

I need your support right now.....

I just got the results back of  a stool test from Great Smokies Lab and
learned that I have two parasites, two kinds of yeast, no healthy bacteria,
and three kinds of unhealthy bacteria.  Yikes!  Yet I've been feeling better
than ever before -- lots of energy, able to run and work out and feel
energized afterwards, plenty of energy to do things at night, lots of
wonderful openings of space in my body when I do yoga and
spiritual/emotional release.  In sum, feeling better than I've felt in 25
years or more (I'm 48).

The only problem I've had is that despite RAF and about 80% avoidance of SAD
(Yes, I do indulge in cookies or sesame blues occasionally, especially when
this stuff is in front of me at receptions, but I usually stop at 4-5 as the
sugar starts to taste gross, and I haven't yet degenerated to eating Rocky
Road icecream or frozen SaraLee cheesecake, at least not yet :-) [nb: see
Liza's posting of the ideal diet]), my stool is usually weird (often coming
out like soft nuggets, often hard ones) and thus far no amount of yoqourt,
kefir, capsules with healthy bacteria, enemas, fiber, EFA's have  made a
significant change.  Purizone, a magnesium oxide that is supposed to release
oxygen in the bowel, is the only product that gently seems to produce some
noticeable improvement, and I've been taking that for about 3-4 months in
very small amounts.  I also feel that I'm not detoxing through the colon
enough and get skin rashes often; lots of exercise, skin brushing, hot &
cold showers, saunas, yoga all seem to support detox and keep me in check
but obviously not TOTALLY HEALTHY.

Anyway, this doctor, a D.O., told me that the results were pretty bad, I
think he even used the word 'serious', and that I ought to be feeling a lot
worse than I do -- having more gas, bloating, etc. which I rarely have, and
ONLY if I go to a friend's house and eat a ton of pasta or some other cooked
processed cereal grain.  The power of suggestion was so great that I started
feeling uncomfortable in my stomach last night!  The Dr's name, by the way,
was Steven Feig.  He has a program called 'intestinal success' and works
with telephone consultations.

So here are the results:
PARASITES:  (spellings are approximate - phonetic) blasycystosis hominis;
trichynonis hominis
YEAST:  high amount of geotricum (4 on a scale of 1-4); 1 of candida
parapsilosis
HEALTHY BACTERIA, lactobacillus acidophilus - 0
IMBALANCED BACTERIA:  pseudomonas = 4; citrobacter = 4; bacillus = 2

His program to 'cure' me consists of taking a ton of antifungal,
antibacterial, antiparasitics as well as many different strains of healthy
organisms of several different brands, and colon formulas to keep the bowels
open.  Here is what he wants me to take:
CAPRIGAR        2 per meal
MICROBEX       2 per meal
NUTRIBIOTIC +   3 per meal
SUPER GARLIC   2 per meal
These are all anti-fungal/bacteria/parasitical
TANALBIT        3 per meal and before sleeping
UVA URSI          3 per meal and before sleeping

SBO's (Active Life)  2 capsules 1x a day with 1 scoop of GREEN LIFE powder
in water, not at meals
COMMENSAL  1/2 tsp 2x a day on an empty stomach
REJUVAL    powder, 1 TBSP at night before bedtime in a glass of water (an
ayurvedic formula with psyllium)
COLON FORMULA   1-2 tablets before bedtime, 1-2 tablets upon arising and
before a meal

Whew!  The thought of taking all these things is overwhelming!  I wouldn't
even let him tell me the prices (only the Nutribiotic is supposedly
available at stores, at least in the brands he likes) as I didn't want my
emotions about money to get in the way of my healing, as it sometimes has in
the past.  But this morning I called him to hold off on ordering any of the
supplements for me and told him I didn't think I could work with him.  I
think what is bugging me is first, that my starting out with comments about
the fact that I should be feeling worse, he really disemboweled me/ robbed
me of my power, which I had to work pretty hard at recovering this morning.
And then, after finally getting away from years of taking many expensive
herbs and vitamins with very few results, and I have a whole shelf in the
pantry literally full of half-used bottles) I can't fathom taking them
again.  It is so nice just to eat the right foods in the right amounts and
maybe take a few digestive enzymes or herbal enzyme support once in a while
if I eat cooked foods or am under stress.  Nothing to remember, no bottles
to cart around, travelling is easy....

Anyway, I know you all are not going to encourage me to take a whole pile of
meds, even if they are 'natural' mostly plant-based BUT, what I hope to hear
about is YOUR SUCCESS STORIES  with yourselves or clients with similar
imbalances who got balanced guts back with DIET, homeopathy, perhaps
colonics, though they're also expensive and invasive and don't sound like
much fun, and I'm willing to take in some healthy bacteria in addition to my
yogourt and kefir, and I suppose I may be willing at some time to take the
anti-bacterial/fungal/parasitics IF I really need them to get better.  But I
am thinking that even though the gut has some 7 - 10 pounds of
microorganisms, that if the body can heal itself of a flu or a strepp
infection without anti-virals and antibiototics, which is probably what
screwed up my system in the first place,  it can get back into balance with
gentle energy medicine and diet -- which feel more like the right path for me.
One goal, many paths.......

In great health and getting better all the time.....
Janis [[log in to unmask]]