From:
Breck Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 08:51:02 -0500
>I was thinking of trying that but the video is built in to the motherboard.
>If  I was to replace the motherboard , what board should I get?
>
>>             the PS/2 uses a Micro channel bus so it is difficult to add
>> a sound cand or modem is it possible to replace the motherboad and
>> reuse the case?

Although it is getting harder and harder to find parts for the PS/2 line,
they were well built. IBM simply tried to keep them to proprietary and
ended up with crappy sales. Anyway, check out these sites for CHEAP parts
for older IBMs (including microchannel) before you toss that board.

www.geminiparts.com
www.acsparts.com
www.compumgr.com/washburn.htm

If buts and ifs,
were quarts and fifths,
we would all be plastered all the time!

Breck

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**