RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 15:49:19 +0200
Hi Paul,

> We don't want to rehash old threads, but I disagree with this statement.
> I know everything is relative, and one could also say for example that
> certain trace minerals such as  molybdenum only have a minor importance
> in human health, but if Mo was removed 100% from a body the person would
> die. The same with enzymes - we could not live without them.
> (...)
> I hope this is not just semantics (what is 'minor'?).

I meant that: the ingestion of enzymes from food is not necessary to
sustain life (contrary to vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids,
essential fatty acids). I am not saying that enzymes have no function
at all, since they indeed can help digestion a little (note that
enzyme supplements are "megadoses" compared to food enzymes).

I know a guy who has been eating 100% cooked for decades (he *never*
eats
a piece of salad or of fruit), and who is still alive. I wouldn't say
he is the picture of vibrant health, but he is not sick in the
clinical sense, and at 65 years old he looks 10 years younger and is
still physically fit (he has no car and uses a bike instead).

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>