RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 09:55:59 -0800
>Jean-Claude,
>> i am myself,  very attracted to strong tasting green and i prefer
dandelion
>> and chicorees to organic lettuces ,  I prefer a bolted lettuce to a
normal
>> one, too..
>
>Yes, I know that some people do like these tastes. But most
>people, those that I see anyway, don't care for the
>bitterness, and end up eating mostly the sweet-tasting foods
>(fruits, especially sweet fruits like bananas and dates, and
>dried fruits) more than vegetables, especially these more
>bitter ones.
>
>Forgive me, but I've forgotten - are you a raw vegan? Or do
>you eat meat, and animal products, as well? If so, the
>nutrient make-up of your diet as compared to a raw vegan's
>is so very different, that this could easily account for
>your interest in these more bitter-tasting leaves.

,
my experience is telling me you are right on, i am not overeating fruits
anymore and automatically my attraction to strong tasting greens got more
imoortant, i am eating animals products and for me they go together with
bitters ( could it be because of their stimulative action on liver and
animals products assimilation are requiring more from the liver?)
My attraction for  bitter green have a lot to with my french upbringing
where chicorees are in any supermarket and commonly eaten.
eating those make me so satisfied i really feel my liver singing

>In the case of a raw vegan, there is also the issue of
>calories, which could also explain less of an attraction for
>the extremely low-calorie green leaves we've mentioned, as
>opposed to high-calorie sweets.
>
>--i give as explanation for" blocks "on - vegetables the fact that a sweet
overeatear will get too much carbonhydrate in his or her system and will get
a stop on other carbonhydrates with a strong "instinctive stop" response
potential. Those bitters can be experienced as really distasfull by me at
time. It is the same caracteristics in them that make their taste- sooo
satisfying  when  needed by my body.
The more potential for displeasure  a food have,  the more enjoyable it can
be , at time.
Wild meats are like that , if you don't need them they are awfull.
Jean-claude
)