RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 22:00:03 +0100
Hi Lynton,

> Where do you get this information?

You've obviously never milked cows. The cream which is applied to
the teats contains antibiotics (i.e. both to protect the cow and
the suction tubes of the milking machines).

> >> That is not the case here in the U.S. Here, a dairy farmer can choose to
> >> avoid antibiotics completely, and can sell his milk to consumers who don't
> >> want antibiotics in their milk.
> >>
> >So you are saying that, due to a lack of a law, dairy farmers can
> >also sell milk containing pus? Bon appetit (either way).
>
> Milk with pus would be rejected by the milk authority.
> Organic farmers seperate their ill animals from the herd until they are well
> again.

Rather contradictory statements Lynton. If a farmer can sell his milk
to consumers, where is the inspection by the milk authority.

> >> Paleo people had manners, too.

I didn't say this (I believe these were your words)

> What kind of manners, though?  (And how do you know?)

As I said, I didn't say this.

> >Humans get their calories from carbohydrate foods in the first
> >instance (i.e. foods containing simple sugars). Meat (i.e. the
> >saturated fat in meat) is neither healthy for the human system
> >and nor is it a good source of energy.
>
> If this paragraph sums up your "knowledge" of human nutrition, then you
> obviously know little about where humans can get their calories from, let
> alone what is healthy for humans to eat.

Quite the opposite Lynton, If you disagree with what I said (which you
obviously do), I would suggest that you do some serious research on
the subject.

> >You obviously have no experience here whatsoever..or were fasting with
> >other juices instead of simple water. Fasting does not make you
> >hungry (your presumption) for anything..if done properly it makes
> >you hungry for nothing. IOW, you wonder after a couple of weeks
> >why you ever ate at all. What it does do (if you do it properly)
> >is sharpen your senses to accept and enjoy tastes you have never
> >tasted before..or rejected before. This thus aids in converting
> >to raw. If somebody decides after a fast to eat the way they
> >did before then that is their own personal decision. The fast will
> >have at least resulted in a detox..which is always beneficial.
> >As to malnourished people...a two week fast will certainly help
> >them to detox their eating mistakes and is thus still healthier
> >than continuing to eat as before.
>
> I must protest the perpretation of this ignorance.  It is relatively easy to
> adjust one's diet in a healthy direction.  (Notice I said healthy: this does
> NOT necessarily imply RAW !).

If it is relatively easy, then why are over 50% of U.S. Americans
obese? As to the difference between cooked and raw, getting people to
turn completely raw is extremely difficult in most instances. But a
healthy cooked diet as opposed to raw I have yet to see. Perhaps you
could explain to me (us) the nutritional advantages of cooking
anything. The only advantage that I know of is that cooking often
neutralises toxins in foods which we probably shouldn't be eating
anyway.

Alan