RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gerry Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:13:01 EST
May I add to your mention of Kirlian Photography and the expense of such?

When our son, David, was 16 years old he stumbled on the subject in a
university library in Atlanta, Georgia (USA).

David became so intrigued with the subject he "built" a crude model himself
and recruited his younger brother as a guinea pig to use his finger to test it
out turning the bathroom into a darkroom. The shock his younger brother
experienced sent him wailing. It's a wonder he wasn't electrocuted as the
electrical shock value turned out to be quite high.

But it worked. And David used that camera to first photograph a leaf, then
tear a portion of the leaf off and rephotograph the leaf. The "auora" of the
torn out portion was reproduced in outline, along with the rest of the leaf.

He won a prize for his work at a regional science fair, and was written up in
the local newspaper. NASA was somewhat interested in his project, but for
whatever reason, nothing came of it. Also, a local college professor scientist
who dabbled in parapsychology was also interested. As I understand it, up
until that time no-one had ever been able to duplicate the Russian Kirlian
brothers' experiment with the leaf.

David surmised there could be a lot of uses for such technology: ie., using
people's "auras" as I.D. for  security measures when entering buildings;
foolproof credit cards and drivers' license, etc.

Re: raw food. It might be another, possibly more accurate method of judging a
food's vitality?

FWIW:
gerry

this project which he used for the regional science fair and won a prize for
his work.
In a message dated 3/10/99 8:58:07 PM Central Standard Time, amf.prefire@T-
ONLINE.DE writes:

<< >
 I see nothing wrong with using a refractometer to assess the quality
 of similar foods (like specific ripe organic fruits from different
 regions or soils) which are known to be healthy anyway. People who
 make comments like the "coke" one you mentioned above are either
 juvenile (in which case one can excuse their immature logic) or
 else hardly credible. Kirlian photography is an even better
 method...as is being demonstrated here in Germany by Professor Popp.
 Until Popp looked into it, it used to be dismissed as mumbo jumbo
 or belonging in the realms of esoterics (which is also mumbo
 jumbo). The "aura" (energy field) which is photographed (the mere
 fact that this field can be photographed with a special camera is
 proof that it exists..and was what got Popp interested in the first
 place) is larger in fruits and veggies with more vitality, i.e.
 the fresher the better, and also larger in fruits from organic
 soils rather than from conventional large-scale farming. The
 final proof of quality (which can be confirmed by lab measurements)
 is that the diffence in the quality of "high-quality" fruits can
 be demonstrated. The only drawback is that a Kirlian camera is
 rather expensive for the normal "man in the street".

 > I had said:
 > > > Realize that you are talking to a potentially VERY wide audience, with
 >  your
 > > > statements here.

 And I would say to them (as I say to you), if they misread then it
 is not my fault. If they fail to understand then they should ask.
 I try to keep my posts as "unscientific" (from the point of
 view of terminology) as possible for this very reason (and get
 repeatedly clouted by the scientists for "sounding like a layman".
 You can't win either way. What may be interesting to you and others
 in here BTW, is that, despite attempts by the medical industry to have
 it banned, a book which slags the medical profession like no other
 and which openly says that vegetarianism (raw fruit and raw wild
 plants in this case) will help to cure cancers, problems with the
 immune system, rheumatism, obesity, allergies and numerous chronic
 illnesses (on the title page!) is extremely successful (now the
 fourth edition and again sold out) and has resisted all attempts to
 ban it. The findings and quotes are so so well founded that the docs
 are unable to provide any credible counterarguments. They have merely
 countered by adding a three month!!! study course on natural medicine
 to their university curriculum so that they can call themselves
 "Dr. of medicine and natural medicine" and hence get more patients.
 The "natural medicine" that they "study" is homeopathy. LOL.

 The book that I am talking about BTW is "Der Grosse
 Gesundheits-Konz" (by our member and current president Franz Konz).
 It is currently only in published in German (but he has plans to
 publish a shorter version in English).

 > And you said:
 > > Oh...I didn't realise that so many people wanted to detox
 > > and/or convert to raw.
 >
 > What I mean is that many people are (or will be) reading this. They will
 > take bits and pieces of information from it, to help them think about
 > their, and other peoples' health and diets. There may be people with all
 > sorts of special conditions and illnesses that you are not familiar with,
 > including eating disorders, who may be in many different environments abd
 > living under many different circumstances than you can possibly be aware of
 > at this moment.

 Exactly what the docs say...but the argumentation doesn't hold (see
 above).

 > So you have a responsibility maybe bigger than you realized, to not make
 > false statements or huge generalizations about any one diet being
 > applicable to "all" people. People are as different as their faces.

 I carry no responsibility as I only talk about my experiences and
 the experiences of the group to which I belong (as well as the
 experiences of non-members who read the journals of this group and
 choose to follow any advice. I have been in Internet (and FIDO)
 for years and nobody has as yet suffered from my posts (except
 perhaps a few dental problems from gritting their teeth to often).