RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Rzetelny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 00:06:12 EST
In a message dated 12/26/98 3:15:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Well, I don't know any human moms who would give their breast milk to
anyone
 >  except a child she was raising, although I know a few do.  And I can't
 > imagine
 >  any human moms that would allow the young of another species to suckle or
or
 >  someone to pump her body for milk for food of another species.
 >   >>
 > Jean Liedloff who wrote The Contnuum Concept about her experiences with the
 > Yequana tribe in the jungles of Venezuela said that she saw women suckling
 > orphaned baby monkeys. Apparantly it was an accepted practice there. BTW it
 > was common for mothers to nurse human babies in the tribe other than their
 > own.

 Very true (and it's a great book) but is the jump we're expected to
 make here that because humans will suckle children -- even species --
 other than their own, that wild animals can be expected to have allowed
 humans to drink their milk often enough for non-human milk to have
 become a food to which humans are adapted??

 I must admit that, with the holiday season and all, I haven't been
 paying very close attention to this thread, so I could be misrepre-
 senting some folks' ideas.  I kinda hope so.

 :)
 Carol

I agree that it does seem quite a  leap and personally I don't think its all
that natural that humans drink milk from animals- I just had to set the record
straight.
Love
Sandy

air-zc01.mail.aol.com (v55.3) with SMTP; Sat, 26 Dec 1998 15:15:45 -0500
 R >>