RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 15:00:57 -0500
Michaela - thanks for your feedback:

> I think your husband maybe craving fats.  Try some raw no salt added cheese
> on lightly steamed vegetables or flax seed oil in a fruit smoothie.  Do you
> know how much fat is in his current diet?

I don't know how to get raw goat cheese here in new york city. I don't
think I can. we each consume 2-3 tbspn of flax oil, udo's choice blend,
and olive oil, in the form of salad dressings and smoothies everyday.

> What is his current body fat,
> does he have cellulite, etc.?   If he has low body fat adding high quality
> fat could be the answer.

he has been trying to lose about 10 lbs for over a year now, with great
difficulty. he's not grossly overweight, but he has a potbelly. no
cellulite but he's not lean.

> However, if he is detoxing from fat that was
> stored in his body then tropical fruits, especially pineapple and papaya and
> tomatoes have helped me.

interesting. pineapple are a problem because he gets indigestion and
heartburn easily, but the papaya and mangos are ok, and he's been craving
tomatoes actually.

so are you suggesting that detoxing from fat can produce cravings for fat?

thanks.
Lucia