RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 03:19:12 -0800
Thomas E. Billings wrote:

> I have not followed the entire discussion, but when I saw the
> mention of mixing fruit with avocado, thought I would mention
> that avocado contains a sugar that suppresses insulin production,
> hence avo+sugar is a bad idea.

I found one other bit of self-testing that agrees with this.

1 avacodo plus 4 TBS honey--1hr glucose 250.

The best time for honey for me was after eating some raw fatty mackeral
or 2 ounces of walnuts (1 hr glucose 124 and 130).

Two years ago I though perhaps the good sugar was flusing out old bad
sugar, but my glucose levels still go up pretty high, so I question that
theory. I had severe panceatitis, with scar tissue that shows up on
x-ray, so I may have a permanently damaged pancreas. I have no fear of
developing diabetes. I don't think diabetes is caused by natural sugar,
but the damage I have doesn't make it easy to process the sugar, and the
sugar could then have some toxic effects, if I eat too much. What I
think Aajonus has found is that people who use his diet need less
insulin, but I doubt if it has to do with eating honey.

My best, Ellie

My best, Ellie