RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
AARONLIFE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 22:57:39 EST
Hi All,

Thought you might be interested...

Recently scientists have discovered a primate sharing almost 99% of it's
genetic components with chimps.  Field researchers have observed these chimp
cousins eating at various times: fruit, vegetables, nuts, and seeds.   In
addition, as with chimps, these primates are often seen hunting either alone,
or with others, fish and other animals.  Their use of rudimentary tools to
mash and strip the meats before feedings seems to account for their smaller
jaw and flat teeth, and they also seem to avoid highly fibrous vegetation.
They have small guts.

What is even more remarkable, especially because of the evolutionary
implications to our own species, is that some of these 'new' primates seem to
have developed a taste for grains.  Groups that discover grains seem to
congregate around the grains and leave behind fruits and vegetables to some
degree.  Scientists are unsure as to whether this is because the grains are a
superior food that is recognized by the primate, or if it is because of
addictive chemicals that may be found in the grains, like opiates.  Either
way, what is further baffling the researchers is that the primates have
coralled other animals into areas 'fenced-off' with tree limbs to subdue the
animals so that they can steal milk while they are nursing.

And to further trouble the issue, the primates were seen tossing foods like
roots and tubers into prairie fires, only to remove them moments later to eat!

Scientists suspect nutritional stress may be leading this bizarre behavior -
either because of dwindling food supplies, or a need for more nutrients to
feed an evolving brain...

(I suspect the latter, as well as the former)

Anyway, not surprisingly, researchers have named this new primate "human".

Must be past my bedtime...

To anyone who didn't figure it out, I made it all up, it's not true :)

Just wanted to say HI,

Just joined the list...

aaron