RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 19:54:19 -0800
> Ellie,
> << When ingested these sugars might be mis-metabolized and could be
>  stored as altered froms of glycogen as well as in AGE's. >>

Liza
> I'm not sure exactly what you mean by mis-metabolized. Or, more specifically,

I can't answer the questions about how glucose or altered ingested sugars
might be changed into toxic metabolites. I am a neurochemist and
carbohydrate metabolism is not my field. I doubt if it has been studied
thoroughly, except maybe by the Picower people who study AGE's. But I do
know that many neurochemicals, like neurotransmitters are deactivated by
methylation, for example, and these altered metabolites, if not
eliminated, are stored in neurons and make them toxic. The body uses the
same physiological principles throughout, so it is very likely that
carbohydrates can be altered as well, and that toxic metabolites
accumulate.

Ellie
> << The point I was trying to make was .... just to answer the question from
> Liza about whether toxic substances in foods can accumulate in the body and
> cause trouble. >>

> Thank you Ellie!  I am familiar with this theory of toxemia, and operate on
> the assumption that it is most likely accurate, but I am not 100% convinced
> yet!

Most of my understanding about toxicosis come from the study of Natural
Hygiene writers, primarily Herbert Shelton. Are you familiar with his
works?

My best, Ellie