RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 09:01:02 -0800
Hi Stefan, Liza,

LIFE F0RCE wrote:
> I am cold often - which I have attributed to low body fat.  But I do seem to
> notice that I feel unusually, surprisingly, warm at times when I am including
> a greater percentage of animal fats in my diet.  Is this a good thing? Who
> knows!!

I used to always feel too hot - quite uncomfortable.  Eating mainly raw
made me feel more normal.  My hands get cold now, but since I dislike
feeling too hot all the time this is comfortable for me.  BTW In TCM
certain foods are supposed to have cooling and heating attribues.  Raw
is supposed to be more cooling; and sea vegetables, tofu and mung
beans.  Cooked stuff is supposed to be more heating, and so are spicy
foods, pungent foods and meats.

> Roberta, you sound like a really together, in-charge, hard-working,
> reasonable, awfully nice person! It's nice to hear about your life - your
> entertaining, penchant for sushi, open-minded attitude towards health and
> healing, strong leadership skills, and gentle manner. Glad to know you!

Thank you!

regards, roberta