From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:34:13 -0400
 >9/30/98, Elizabeth Boston wrote:
>>I installed a new computer for a local doctor's office. Now the
>>neighbor's CB signal comes through loud and clear... snip...

 As a former CBer, I can state that computers are NOT
supposed to receive CB radio signals -- Not under
normal conditions, with a legal station, and computer
equipment that is working properly, and is properly
filtered, hopefully by the factory (or after market).
While a transistor will work "sort-of" if almost out of
specs., if it gets into a nonlinear mode of operation
it will also, as a by-product, rectify the radio
waves...  So will certain types of poor connections.
Sometime a good filter is necessary when you determine
where/how the signal is getting into the computer.
(The signal should NOT be getting in!)
If the CB antenna is properly tuned, (low SWR), it
will be more efficent and cause "less" interference.
      Rick