From:
Postmaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:23:19 -0400

>Here is my problem.  One of the modems is installed on a PII/233 with 64
meg
>ram, a tekram motherboard w/ AGP and an ATI xpert@work AGP 4 meg video
card.
>The user can fax just fine, but when he attempts to connect to his internet
>provider, he connects but is immediately disconnected.  I have used my
>machine (p200 no MMX, no AGP) with the same modem and can connect
>immediately to his ISP with his account.

I had somebody that told me they were having strange problems connecting to
the Internet with one of these modems, such as it wouldn't connect right, or
he would get disconnected for no apparent reason, he swapped slots with his
video card (the video card was in slot 1 and the modem in slot 2) and all
the problems went away, I know I couldn't explain it but it worked so maybe
you are right, that it is having a conflict with the video card but not at
the driver level, try another card, a PCI one and see how it goes. Good luck

      James Kerr