From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 14:06:04 -0400
On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Mary wrote:

> What does a  neolithic diet encompass? From Neanderthin I take it that it
> means adding dairy, grains, vegetables that could not be eaten raw, legumes,
> etc. Right? What did they say in the article? Did they recommend "low fat"!!
>
> So, isn't neolithic like the SAD but without the Ho hos?

Hardly.  The neolithic diet would use whole foods, prepared in
low-tech ways.  The neolithic diet is essentially what Mary Enig
and Sally Fallon recommend in _Nourishing Traditions_, based on
the field research of Weston Price.  His view, and theirs, is
that the "diseases of civilization" are for the most part the
result of the extensive processing, refining, and other
destructive processes that foods are subjected to.  In short,
it's not just about *which* foods we eat; it's also about what we
do to the foods we eat.

Todd Moody