From:
"T. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 03:12:01 -0700
Todd Moody wrote:
> > All you're doing is confusing any one new to this list.
>
> Well, maybe you're right about that.

Anyone who doesn't like to be confused is free to not read your
posts. Similarly, if Mike or anyone else finds that your questions
get under their skin, they are free not to read your posts. I have
no sympathy for people who write, "And here's ANOTHER annoying
post from <insert name>!".

> I like to think that people know that my opinions are just my
> opinions, but maybe they are getting in the way.

Of what? The list's supportive function? Anyone who needs to know
where to get organic ostrich meat in their area can still ask their
question. Anyone who likes to hear success stories can still scan
the subject headers for an appropriate title.

> But I am increasingly aware that this is a
> mistake on my part, so I think it's best that I cease inflicting
> my questions on the readers of this list.

 Why do you think it is a mistake? As I've already written, you only
inflict your questions on people who *want to read them*. If they
didn't want to read them, they wouldn't click on that particular
item in their mailbox. Perhaps people new to the list will require
one or two encounters to learn what your posts are usually like. I
don't think you can do too much damage before they add your name
to their mental list of jerks.