From:
"T. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 14:51:01 -0700
Betty Guyer wrote:
> I was watching GMA this morning and Jack Hanna (animal expert) said a few
> works about how Chimps in their native environment actually hunt for
> small mammals.  He said they communicate and do this as a group.
> I thought this was interesting.

I've seen video of chimps actually doing this in the wild. They were hunting
monkeys. It was absolutely fascinating. It was like the chimps were playing
chess: setting up positions and blocking escape routes, all while chasing
smaller, faster animals, 50 ft above the forest floor.

Ray is right about guns being merciful. When the chimps caught the monkey,
they didn't even kill it. They just sat on it, and casually tore off its
limbs and passed them around for the whole troop.