BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Bero <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 06:36:52 -0600
The NPS is already getting ready to preserve steel siding. The Minute Man
Missle site in South Dakota is covered in steel siding. Not only that but it
also has lots of "home improvements" done by the guys stationed there. Some
of the improvements include adding a wainscotting down a hallway installed
with that 1/4" fake wood paneling.  I just did a review of the installation
of a fire surpression specs and had to add language that would allow review
of all installation methods with an eye towards preserving all "historic
material".  Any item that was to be removed was to be tagged and given to
the NPS to be archived.  Lots of eyes were rolling.

Jana Gross
Historical Architect
NPS-Midwest Region