BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 07:23:18 -0400
Actually, I was thinking more in terms of putting one's heart and soul into
a project, not donating time and materials, which can also be worthwhile
for one's psyche.  For instance, in rebuilding our house, I don't think it
really ever mattered that the materials came from Chase Pitkins (a local
version of Home Depot).  We've been building this place up and putting
forth a lot of effort to make it what it is.  We have become as much a part
of this house as have the materials placed in it.

<[log in to unmask]>  on  07/06/98 10:07:06 PM ----------

Please respond to "BP - His DNA is this long."

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:
Subject:  Re: "The good old days....hurling burgers"

Message text written by "BP - His DNA is this long."
>Presumably, the stonemasons who raised the cathedrals worked only partly
for their pay.  They were building temples to God.  It was the sort of work
that gave meaning to life."
Now, who cares about those mass produced nails?  Food for thought.<
Okay, let's take a poll of the list readership: How many of you provide
deep discounts for work you perform on houses of worship as opposed to
commercial, state or federal properties?
As for us, we have donated great amounts of restoration materials to our
favorite institutions, but beyond that intimate circle....
Mike E.