RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:00:31 -0500
From:
Roberta Leong <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Gary,

It is my intent to reply to your question, and the other thoughts, but
I am
also going away next week for a bit, and, I was going to go back and
reply
to the posts in the order they appear on the list.  Still haven't time
do this yet.

You seem to pointedly want a reply, so I'll say one reference is that
book
I mentioned, author Udo ERasmus or something like that, discusses
EFAs, and
a mainly vegetables and fruit diet just doesn't have the variety and
quantity of EFAs that people need to be at optimum health.

I am not completely clear on your question and assume you think/mean
no
flesh foods is OK for kids, as in no foods from flesh sources, and
food
only from plants will give complete nutrition.  B12 is one problem
this
produces, but there are also others.  Meat is a somewhat ambiguous
word in
this context, so I'll say yes, I absolutely think kids must have some
foods
from flesh sources, including poultry, dairy, eggs, meat, game, or
fish to
avoid stunted growth and risks stemming from malnutrition.  I have a
developed a definite trend of thought similar to Stefan's about this
which
I posted on partially 2+ years ago or thereabouts, and will try to
complete
the thoughts soon.

regards
Roberta

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:27:11 -0500, Gary Orlando