RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:10:42 -0500
7bit
From:
David Mayne <[log in to unmask]>
> > Jo:
> > >As far as "dogmatic" claims made by "extremists," I'd appreciate the
> > >opportunity to continue reading first hand experiences from those
> > >whose views on human nutrition and health differ from mine.

> >Peter:
> > But at what price?  With too many on board like Rex and Allan whose
> > communication skills are so clearly impaired, the quality of discourse
> > on this list would soon degenerate to unacceptable levels.

Alan:
> Well to be honest Peter...and I can only speak for the past
> couple of months, I have seen absolutely nothing from you
> other than negative comments on others. What have you
> contributed in the way of useful info??

David:

Alan, sounds like you need to look at the archives a bit, as Peter
has contributed so much to this list that I cannot even begin to
do justice here. And, IMO, he has contributed very positively lately
by attempting to get both yourself and Rex to start being accountable
for your posts.

Alan:
> Those who contribute
> nothing of value (negative or positive according to each
> individual standpoint) are probably just frustrated I guess
> and just like to let off steam now and again.

David:
Perhaps there is some frustration here, but not as a result of
what you insinuate here as far as steam goes. Such frustrations
often result from attempting constructive dialogue with certain
posters when such individuals cannot communicate straightforwardly
or with accountability. The interpretation of the guidelines of
this list have been made well known over time, which call for
offering some form of tangible evidence to back up claims which
are made to be truth rather than opinion. As such, Alan, you
complain about other's lack of contributions, without having
made very many accountable contributions to the list yourself
(and consistently violating the spirit of accountability in
the guidelines). When someone calls your hand, and ask for
some backing, you angrily demand that the challenger prove the
basis for their challenges, rather than offering any supportive
evidence for your claims which were posited here in the first
place - then have the gall to complain that it is others and
not yourself who are the cause of difficulties here.

David:
I personally would like to thank folks such as Kirt, Ward, Liza,
Tom, Peter, and many others, for attempting to keep discussion
at a higher, accountable level, rather than allowing extreme
viewpoints to be preached without critical review. It is understandable
that at some point, some may tire of having the same individuals
consistently dodge the accountability issue, and hence, traits of
hopelessness and disgust may be expressed. This is different,
in my view, from simply engaging in uncivil behavior for the sake
of starting arguments.

David:
Alan, you have stated that you would be leaving the list for
a while - I would suggest, like I did with Rex, that you take
the opportunity to improve communication skills and accountability
before your return next time. I do sincerely believe that you can
make positive contributions here by altering your approach somewhat
to fit the guidelines of the list. Your cooperation here would be
most appreciated.

Regards,

David