RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 19:10:49 -0700
Rex summarized his Brix discussion with:
| Of course, the real answer is for consumers to learn about quality and then
| demand it.  All the growers will get in line.

Jo sez:
This is poignant and I hope you're hugely successful in your efforts to
help bring about this awareness. Certainly since your earlier Brix posts
I've been tempted to just bite into a Safeway apple before purchasing them
but usually one of the stock boys will slice one up for me to sample. Now
if there was a bin of 20 Plus Brix Jonagolds next to the usual tasteless,
mealy samples, maybe we'd see some enlightened faces.

Rex also queried"
[ PS: where do I pick up my prize for coining "fruitAryan"?  An
[ air-shipment of 30 Brix mangosteens sounds about right.

Ah-ooooga! What a hoot! Unfortunately, the coining of the term may match
reality.

Kirt, if you start shipping 30 Brix mangosteens, name yer price! Better
yet, I'll pop over and help you harvest / sell them locally. I have a good
friend on Molokai who is a veteran of tropicals (durians, mangosteens,
longans, lychee, canistel, etc). He's a great resource and like yourself
has travelled extensively in SE Asia procuring cuttings and seeds. If you'd
like his contact info let me know.

More seriously, I ran across two raw food / fruitarian sites that were
listed as links on a website managed by the World Church of the Creator.
I've queried the respective webmasters to see whether these links were
included without their permission.

The WCOTC site is unbelievable! The section on Creativity for Children is
beyond sad. :(