RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 20:38:20 -0800
From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
> Ellie,
> << the attraction to honey would be the body's need to replace old mutant
> sugars with good sugar.>>

> I have been thinking about this, and I guess I don't understand how the old
> mutant sugars would have been held in the body. Are you thinking that they are
> stored in the cytosol of the cell, or in the fat cells, as toxins?

Glucose metabolism is not my specialty, but according to my physiology
text, glucose that is not used immediately for the release of energy is
stored as glycogen. Some phsysiologists believe that glycogen is stored
in two forms, one readily released and labile form called free glycogen,
and another, called fixed glycogen that is only released slowly. When the
body has such secondary stores, it is suggestive these stores might be
altered, or mutant types of substances. I doubt if this has been proved,
but there are lots of studies on toxic forms of stored substances such as
AGE's (also called Maillard molecules) that are comibinations of
proteins, lipids, and glucose or other sugars. I don't think there is any
question that the body is constantly trying to repair itself and replace
toxic substances and metabolic waste products with usuable nutrients.
Twentieth century medicine has tended to forget this, but hopefully we
haven't.

Thanks for you interest in my article. I look forward to you comments.

My best,