RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 03:17:39 -0800
From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
> Tom:
> In the field of raw foods, some claims - things like "apes are fruitarians",
> "humans are natural vegans", "protein is toxic", and so on, are claims
> that can be verified or debunked, by research. (All the preceding claims
> listed are bogus and crackpot/crank science - yet they are the tools used by
> intellectually dishonest fruitarian fanatics to recruit people to their
> diets.)

About compulsive attempts by fanatics to change the way we eat, it might
be good to remember that addictive personalities come first, the craving
for stimulants, and the bizarre fanatical behavior later. The fruitarians
may confront the SAD eaters about being addicted to stimulants in cooked
foods, others may confront the fruitarians about being addicted to
genetically altered sugars, and on and on. But to scold each other
endlessly about what each other eat is about as useful as walking up to a
drunk lying in the gutter and saying, 'Excuse me, Sir, alcohol is bad for
you.' Probibiton didn't work, but there is recovery for addictions for
anyone who wants it.

My best, Ellie