Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 07:49:16 +0200
From:
Oliver Dammann <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
The normal or so called fast SCSI (AHA 2940) will provide 10 MByte /sec. As
you record your CD with lets say 4x speed wich is 150 KBytes / sec x 4 = 600
KByte / sec any SCSI controller will be fast enough. The Ultra will allow
speeds of 20 MByte / sec, the UW 40 MBytes / sec and 15 instead of 7
Devices.

Oliver Dammann

> I too am considering a Panasonic Cw 7502b CDR (around $215 now
> for the bare drive)
>    What kind of Scsi card do I need to successfully use this drive?
>   I'm looking at adaptec 2940s, but there are several different
>  models (UW, AU, U)and I just a plain 2940 pci at around $100
>  for new "pulls". Someone told me I don't need the extra "
>  bandwith" of the UW, that a U (ultra) is enough.
> Does the ultra wide just connect more devices or is it also faster?
>
>    Will some SCSI guru please explain the mysteries or
>  scsi controllers and what the needs are for CDRs?
>  And recommend some good brands/models of controllers.
>   I hope to do some audio CD recording also.
>
>      | ><>  Larry  Fisk   <><
>      |      Fisk Computers
>      |      Fruitvale, Idaho
>
>                                   -----
>        **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**
>         Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]> or Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**