BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lou Cove <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 10:05:30 -0400
Dear Friends:
Just a note to let you know about Shadows & Light
(http://www.masslive.com/indepth/shadows/), the latest feature I have
produced for MassLive.
The story concerns Howard Dupuis, a City Editor at the Springfield
Union-News who -- over a six week period -- succumbed to near-total
blindness. He suffers from a rare hereditary disease called Leber's
Hereditary Optic Neuropathy.
This week, in collaboration with the Union-News, we are presenting a
six-part personal account of Howard's journey into blindness.
In an effort to take this material to the next level, and to make it
accessible for those without sight, we have created a Real Audio segment of
the feature on our site which allows visitors to listen to Howard read the
entire piece.
The result is a complicated and moving account of one man's personal
struggles and triumphs. It also provides genuine "added value" for our
audience.
I encourage you to visit MassLive (http://www.masslive.com) and experience
this
piece firsthand (there is a link to Real Audio if you need to download a
free copy for your computer). Please pass the word along and share your
thoughts when you have a chance. I'd love to know what you think.
Thanks for clicking,
Lou

Lou Cove
Producer - News & Business