From:
"Aimee M. Bittinger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 16:00:36 -0800

I was a little surprised at the responses to this post. It seems most people
are not as concerned if their diarrhea medication is gluten free  as their
food. perhaps it's just one of those things we forget about. here are some
suggestions:

VERATRUM ALB 30C--available in most health food stores stops diarrhea,
cramps

////
The "cure" that has previously appeared on this list is Metamucil- acts as
reverse of laxative for us

////
,Regular Imodium-not AD
GasX- same active ingredients in the "AD"
never had a problem withit.
/////
according to the GF medicine guide from Stokes Pharmacy, the following
Antacids
are GF:
Almora, Arm&Hammer Pure Baking Soda, Dicarbosil, Gaviscon Liquid and
Gaviscon Extra Strength Liquid, Maalox, Maalox Heartburn Relief, Maalox
Therapeutic Concentrate, Mag-OX 400, Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Tagamet HB,
Tums E-X Extra Strength, Wintergreen or Assorted Fruit Flavors, Tums ultra
fruit or mint flavors, Tums peppermint or Asst. Fruit flavors, Uro-Mag.

Gatorade is GF.

////
site with a listing of Gluten-free medications:

http://geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-meds-toiletries.html

thanks for all your help
-Aimee Bittinger