From:
"Rebecca W. Buffum" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 03:21:23 -0700

Hi everyone-

I think this question has been asked before but I couldn't find any
killer similar to Tylenol with Codeine. The manufacturer that they couldn't
guarantee this product to be GF.I also just called Knoll Pharm. about
Vicoden and got the same response, though the ingredients list no starches
other than corn and no apparent gluten. Does anyone have experience with
either of these two drugs, or have suggestions for what might be
comparable? I have the Physicains Desk Reference with phone numbers etc. of
the manufacturers, I just don't know where to start.

Also- a while ago I asked about the vaccinations I would need for a trip to
Nepal and whether they could be a problem. Many of you wrote back with
wonderful responses, I was hoping those of you who have trekked in Nepal
could answer another question or two.

For the most part I'll be eating food that I have brought with me- along
with rice, potatoes, cheese. We will be in Khatmandhu for several days on
either end of our trek and I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for
what to eat there. i know to be careful; about veggies, water etc. I know
they serve alot of rice and lentils, is there a problem with the Dal they
serve? Any little hints or suggestions would be appreciated.
Also- I am concerned about weight loss on the trip. I am curious if any of
you lost weight, and what the circumstances were. (i.e high altitude,
stomach bug etc.)

Thank you all so much!

Becca Buffum
Fairfax, CA