NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Loncosky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 07:01:13 EST
Kris,
        We have been there and done that !  I finally came to the point where I just
tell people that my son is ALLERGIC to dairy products.  I don't have the
energy anymore to debate this with people.  The tests SAY that he's not
allergic and the experts SAY that dairy allergies don't  cause this or that
symptom but the facts SAY to me that every time this kid puts anything dairy
into his mouth we see the same reaction and that's all I need.  I'm his parent
and the ONLY expert he needs.  I have to say it's an ALLERGY because that is
the only way that anyone will take me serious.  I don't have to give anyone,
any proof.  I don't need to explain myself to anyone.  I'm getting  really
tired of hearing that people are getting "blasted" from the so called experts,
when all they're trying to do is find out how to go about living a halfway
normal life in a VERY challenging situation.  I say, hang in there Moms and
Dads and keep being your child's advocate.  They'll  thank you for it someday.
Heidi L.