BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:54:36 -0700
Yes, John, makes sense to me. You keep forcing me to re-think my educational
bigotry and I thank you for this. In not expressing my bias towards the
educational system I end up feeling like a surviving hog that is asked to accept
the slaughter house. But once I oink loudly I find that there is no slaughter
house, just more confused pigs. It is not that I am defending illiteracy,
widespread ignorance, or anti-social behavior, I am trying to defend that there
are other ways of education besides the formal system and that they should not be
ignored or discounted because they do not fit within a conveniently advertised
package. It irritates me when one means of education is pushed on people and the
other means are not even mentioned, or are mentioned as useless. Education should
be gauged not by what you say you did, but by what you can do. The question that
nags me, which I cannot get tied down, is why do I feel I have to be defensive?

--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/~orgrease