RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:35:15 -0500
Hi Jean-Louis,

Paul:
>> That is interesting to me, only because, as far as cooked colored
vegetables
>> go, more or less the reverse for me applies - I do fine with almost any
raw
>> vegetable dish whether it is organic or not. But I take the identical
food
>> and cook it, even lightly steam it, and I get autoimmune symptoms within
>> half-hour every time (I've tried this three times so far since last
summer
>> when I started eating almost all my vegetables raw and had bad effects
each
>> time).

JL:
>May I ask you what kind of autoimmune symptoms you got, and which
>vegetable caused which symptom? Just curious...

Paul:
The symptoms I notice are headache, tingling and mild pain in the
extremities. It appears that any types of cooked green foods - I've tried
broccoli, celery, green beans - will produce these symptoms. I'm not so sure
about cooked orange or red foods (carrots or tomatoes); I haven't tried them
alone cooked for ages. The problems dissipate within several hours. That's
certainly much better than a few years ago when I had these problems
continuously - and many others like yeast overgrowth, hypothyroidism,
hypogonadism, Mg deficiency, Hg intoxication (from dental fillings), etc.

I do have other sensetivities also - these include cheese (including some
raw I've tried), non-organic meat, at least some breads, heated vegetable
oils (coconut oil is fine). Also I get symptoms sometimes if my body is
detoxing something for some reason or doesn't get enough of important
nutrients like protein (I had a barrage of symptoms last summer on a brief
raw-veg 'cleansing' regimen).

In general if I eat what I've found to be agreeable foods prepared in a
proper way (for me), which I usually do, I don't have the symptoms I noted.
I don't think it means these foods are totally 'bad' or 'toxic'; more likely
it really means my liver still doesn't work as well as it should or I still
have a bit of a 'leaky' gut - I think to a large degree aftereffects from
the Hg intoxication. Also no matter what I eat I still have a continuous
mild fatigue (another common symptom of poor liver function) - like all my
other symptoms it is at least greatly improved over a few years ago but has
been the most stubborn problem to resolve itself.

Paul