RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 23:22:51 GMT
Hello Lance,

What you are seeing is on the one hand, people giving well-balanced advice
that includes the experiences of many people vs on the other hand verbage
from some who get an idea into their head that for some reason or another
they must defend at all costs ( this is not to say that they are not sincere
in their beliefs).

As far as personal invective goes, there is not much of this and it won't
last because they will be chucked out if it continues.  Note, for your own
benefit, that malnutrition _does_ cause impared mental facility, so don't
blame someone who cannot sustain a rational point of view.

Basically to refer to 'any' diet in a global way as being sustainable of
excellent health is nonsense.  (Here I am referring to such descriptions as
"all-raw" "vegan" "fruitarian" "carnivore").
        1       There are substances in each category that are beneficial,
and substances that are harmful.
        2       It is the precise foods that are consumed that is the diet.
If you want to make a contribution to this list, dear reader, then when you
make a claim for the benefits of your "???" diet, say what it is that you
typically eat.

And remember, people are all different.  The different food mix that people
need could vary as much as the differences in their finger-prints.

This list is not, in my opinion, about ALL-RAW, its about what foods are
good to eat raw ( or it should be).

Welcome to the list, ask about what interests you.  There are a lot of
worthwhile people on this list.

Lynton