RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 01:18:16 -0300
At 13:51 18/02/1999 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi Whoever is the 'bulimic' person,
>I had bulimia, anorexia and the mixture of the 2 for over 25 years and it
>has taken a serious toll on my body. Edema is one of the classic symptoms
>of electrolyte imbalance and heart damage. I had it for many years and
>didn't realize what was happening. When the edema crescendoed I would drink
>a pint to quart of cucumber juice daily for 2-3 days and it would subside,
>and run, and receive massage/shiatsu on my legs, and/or bath in a solution
>of snakeweed, a local herb, and restrict any sodium chloride, tamari, soy
>sauce etc. However, that ameliorates the symptoms. Basically, the
>electrolytes (minerals/trace elements) have to be balanced and I have to
>have sufficient protein as well to sustain the heart. The kidney is a
>filter and if congested will put more strain on the heart.

hello sheila. this is axel. i read your post with interest but it worried
me. what else do you know about this and what has been your approach in
terms of foods and other things once you got over bulimia? right now i am
drinking a lot of vegetable juice, eating some fruit, some avos, sea weed,
just barley. after a couple of weeks the water still remains. are there any
tests to find out the state of your body in connection to all this? just
basic urine and blood tests? i have been thinking about seeing a doctor but
wanted to find out first what tests to have done (i have medical insurance
but you have to ask the doctor for the tests you want).

why cucumber juice? what do you eat in terms of protein?

regards,
              axel