RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
EVW Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 05:17:21 -0800
Ratha Grimes wrote:

> So how does one achieve aged meat rather than rotten
> meat? Does aged meat have an odor/color that
> distinguishes it?

Raw meat is not supposed to become rotten. Cooked meat becomes rotten. I
have noticed beef darkens slightly and smells differently. I've had raw
chicken taste sour, and I don't know if that's because the chicken ate
grains. Grass fed beefalo, for me, has never turned sour. There are
others who know more about this, and I think there is info in the
archives.

My best, Ellie