RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 10:53:41 -0400
Hi Ellie,

> Too bad Awajanus can only help rich people with his miracle cures.
>
> Is this really fair...Aajonus has written a book available to all, and
> his ideas of incorporating raw fats can benefit people who never consult
> him, but just read his book.

Sorry to sound so sarcastic Ellie. I apologize for the tone.

I'm offended by his exorbitent fees for consultations ($300 for an
hour's consultation seems exorbitent to me), and it's makes his motives
suspect in my eyes. You are right - he has written a book that is
available to all. However, that book has not appeared on any bookshelf,
in any store in this area (health food store, Whole Foods supermarkets,
Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc) that I have noticed. That is one problem
(not his fault, I understand that.)

But the other problem is that normal working people, with families to
take care of, who are the great majority of people, and who don't
frequent health food stores or book stores much, and have a difficult
enough time as it is finding the 'channels' to 'alternative' health
information, those people would be TREMENDOUSLY put off by his
_extremely_ high fees. In fact, that ridiculous kind of fee makes it
impossible for normal people with cancer, or who's children or parents
have cancer, to even consider getting his help.

So I figure that he has thought about this, and either just doesn't care
that he caters to rich people only; or, for some reason that I'm
missing, he feels that he must charge fees like this because he wants
the money. Whichever way I think about it, it seems immoral. But that is
my personal view - and I would love to hear it explained otherwise, if
you think I've missed the boat somehow here.

Love, Liza

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)