RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 02:02:24 -0500
Virginia:
>I am looking for examples of daily food consumption, such as a weeks worth
>of "menus".

That is a tall order.  I am not even sure what I eat myself in a week. :)

>How much of what should be eaten every day; should certain foods be
>consumed in the morning and others in the evening; that sort of thing

This is very individual and even if I knew you better, I would not feel
qualified to answer this question as I am only, at best, an informed lay
person.  Some people seem to do well on low carb/high protein/high fat
diets and some on high carb/low protein/low fat diets - some swear by
higher calorie diets, some lower calorie.  My observations have taught me
that a moderate, happy medium goes well with many people leaving me with
the following general recommendations:

Eat 3 meals a day with at least 4 hours between meals, the last meal no
less than 4 hours before bedtime, try to make each meal evenly proportioned
in macro nutrients and when not, eat your carbs earlier in the day and keep
your proteins for the last meal, avoid concentrated carbs (starches) and
fats at the same sitting + keep them both at moderate levels if both are
included in your diet.  Eat lots of high fiber, low carbohydrate
vegetables, drink freshly squeezed green juices and drink liberal amounts
of water between meals, and finally, eat as much of a wide variety of
whole/fresh, raw/low heated foods as you comfortably can - if you are
finding your diet difficult to stick to, it might not be moderate enough.

Combos that work well for me are: goat cheese/ vegetables/a little essene
bread & meat/vegetables/butter or olive oil.  As I am not a professional or
a scholar, I have left out the rationale for some of the recommendations
above, but if it would be helpful and nobody else jumps in with a helping
hand, I will see what I can come up with.  A balanced exercise routine is
naturally beneficial and if you get really ambitious, it could change most
of the above - as could stress levels, life style, health challenges, blood
type, body type, exposure to toxins, etc.

> Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  And, how much raw
butter and >unheated honey should be consumed every day.

As most people have overdone sugar in their lives, I recommend consumption
of honey and fruits to be kept at a minimum and or even at times avoided.
If you like butter, my guess is that 1/4 - 1/2 stick of butter a day would
be fine, especially if you go easy on concentrated carbs such as potatoes,
bread & honey.

I hope this has been helpful.

Best, Peter