RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 15:53:55 -0700 (MST)
Tom:
>An additional example: I have read of mono-eaters living for years, on
>diets consisting only of soaked chickpeas and/or mung beans. So, clearly
>protein is not toxic as the anti-protein zealots claim. The question then
>becomes: when is/can protein be harmful? What are the "maximum" levels one
>should eat?  The example of the mono-eaters suggests that maximum levels
>may be so high as to be of limited relevance.

Hi,
Re all the protein, carb, fat proportions and healthyness of each, I
suggest reading Elaine Gottschall's book, Breaking the Vicious Cycle,
Intestinal Health through diet. The major culprit in inflammatory bowel
disease is complex carbs. A recent group of books (D'Adamo, Sears) on carb
proportions are adjusting the balance to the theory that excess cooked fat
or protein are the source of most dietary problems.

Kind Regards,
Sheila Shea
http://www.sheilas.com