From:
Dave Coulthart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 18:42:17 -0500
Michael Chan wrote:

> Had he installed that buggy Intel Bus Mastering Driver? I have
> experienced similar problem after installed Intel's driver. After I got
> back to the default Windows 95 driver, the problem no longer exists.

Michael,

Are you referring to the Intel 82371xB INF Update Installer for Windows
95 for the PCI sets and bridges?  I downloaded the file setupex.exe from
ftp://download.intel.com/design/pcisets/ and I seem to be having a
similar problem with shutting down my computer.  I removed the .sys file
so that when I shut down I would go to a DOS prompt.  However, now all I
get is the DOS message on the black background saying to restart your
computer press CTRL+ALT+DEL, hwoever the c:\ prompt never appears.  Do
you believe this Intel Update might be the culprit?

--
Bye for now,

Dave Coulthart
http://www2.cybernex.net/~pepermil/