From:
Steve Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 00:34:36 -0500
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>The point to all this is that if your power supply and / or connections
>aren't good you can get all sorts of errors that appear to be a failing
>hard drive and when you then replace those components you may end making
>better connections that unknowingly result in an resolution of you
original
>problem.

   Well, I installed a new power supply (had to get a new case)
last year when I upgraded my PC, so I doubt that was responsible.
But it's a good thing to keep in mind in the future.  And I did
check all the connectors to make sure they were tight.

   Another thought popped up after talking with a tech yesterday.
He mentioned that 2 HDs of different transfer speeds? will
only work at the speed of the slower drive.  He told me to
check the "Mode" of the drives as the system booted up.
My 3 year old Western Digital comes up as "Mode 3" while the
system is booting.  And the recently returned Seagate came up
as "Mode 4".  Would this possibly cause any problems, including
what I recently experienced?

Thanks again,

Steve Snyder
*** The lines below were added by Juno, not by me! ***

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]