From:
Maxime Dehoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 15:19:48 -0400
I just purchaced a Conner 420mb tape backup unit
it is new but came with no documentation
I installed it but win95 will not recognize it
Does anyone have a solution for  this ?

Joe
This the first time I post  to a list. I hope the message will go through.
I had a 420 conner tape backup in my 486 computer using windos 3.11  and the
conner program. When I swichted to win95  the tape did not work because of
the long file names in win 95. Conner had been purchased by seagate. I
could not find any help on the seagate web site. I finally had to purchase a
program compatible with win 95 and it worked. I believe the program was
backup95 from seagate. I dont remember the exact name because since that
time I sold the computer with all the programs. In my new computer  I have a
seagate 3200 MB which comes with the program seagate  backup exec for
windows. I can read 420Mb conner tapes (to restore my old programs) but the
new hardware cannot write on the 420MB cartridge.  Hope that this helped

Max