BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:33:13 EDT
Here's an inquiry that was posted on DIRT, a land use listserv.  Anyone have
any information out there?

Mary Krugman
__________________________________

Subj:	 Shelton Hotel, NYC
Date:	6/5/98 0:53:35 AM EST
From:	[log in to unmask] (David W. Lloyd)
Reply-to:	[log in to unmask]
To:	[log in to unmask] (Dirt)

>A friend who assumes that real estate lawyers know everything about real
>estate has asked me to find out more about the history of the Shelton Hotel
in New
>York City.  This is the hotel where Georgia O'Keeffe and Alfred Stieglitz
>resided around 1928, she painting and he photographing various scenes related
>the hotel (as well as I guess a few other things).  Anyway the questions for
the
>moment are as follows:
>
>1.  What is the Shelton Hotel now called?  Does the structure still stand?
(Yes, I already checked the yellow pages and it's not listed!)

>2.  Where is/was it located?
>
>3.  Was it famous at the time as a hangout for artists/photographers/other
creative >types (such as, for example, real estate lawyers)?

>4.  Does anyone have any useful or at least interesting facts about the
Shelton