BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J.A. Drew DIAZ" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 13:36:55 -0400
I worked for Ray Back in the Day-
And he taught me about ½ of what I know about being a prick.

To give you a little insight-
One week he fired me for insubordination 4 times
& Called me @ 7:00 each morning to find out why I was late.

After a while I was general supervisor w/ 25
carpenter/mechanics.
Ray had me in one afternoon to ask, “ Why aren’t you doing
your job.”
When asked what he was talking about he told me “ Lorna says
you haven’t
Fired anyone in 5 or 6 weeks”
“Well, Ray”, I told him, “ I guess we must have gone through
over a hundred
guys to get this crew & everyone’s working out- What da ya
want me to do
fire someone just to keep them on their toes?”
He answered “ Yes, one of them or You”

The Binocular Story

We had taken on a 4-house development out in Saudi Aurora,
way east of Denver & just North of the Air Force Base.

I mentioned to Ray that it was obvious that we weren’t
making the progress we should
@ The first two houses and maybe we should piece work sub
out the next two.
I had to come down 4 or 5 miles of dirt road to get to the
site & I knew that they
Were seeing the rooster tail and getting back to work when I
dropped in for inspections.

Ray went down stairs and returned w/ a set of binoculars he
had stolen off of some
Destroyer- 8 x 150 or some such nonsense.
Told me to park a couple miles out & do some recon.

I still remember Larry’s face when I walked over to a pile
of Celotex, felt it for a moment
& Said “ Which one of you assholes was sleeping on this??”

DD